Print Resources offer a professional book publishing and printing service to produce high quality books for authors, self-publishers and commercial publishers.
Converting your manuscript into a professionally typeset and designed book will greatly add to the perceived quality and value of your work. We can typeset your manuscript from word-processed files or we can scan a paper copy if required.
The way a book is typeset affects it’s readability. We will format your manuscript to a consistent professional standard, giving careful consideration to the selection of a suitable font together with its point size, line spacing, margins and other typographical elements that make for a pleasing and readable book that suits the subject matter of your book.
We communicate with the author/publisher at all stages of the production process and take pride in our friendly relationship with clients who appreciate the personal touch. The completed design and layout will be a high resolution PDF both for proofing and printing.
We offer the following book sizes:
Whilst we would always encourage you to print standard UK book sizes, as these are popular with bookshops, we can be flexible to suit your project.
Standard: 132mm X 197mm
Demy: 138mm X 216mm
A5: 148mmx 210mm
Royal: 156mm X 234mm
A4: 210mm X 297mm
For further information please contact us:
Proof Reading/Spell Checking
Please note that proof reading and spell checking are not included as part of our services. Should you require this service, for an additional cost, we can arrange for a professional proofreader to check your final book layout.
Our service includes the items listed below.
- Resizing of pages to your chosen format
- Creating character & paragraph styles using fonts selected from our standard selection
- Soft PDF proof file for you to have one final check through prior to us sending the file to print
- Converting your text files into a high resolution print ready PDF
- Formatting of margins to printer standards
- Adding/creating title and preliminary pages
- Adding/creating the imprint page
- Adding/creating headers and page numbers
- Formatting of chapter headings
- Formatting of the main text to the appropriate font/size
- Formatting of line spacing and paragraph indents